Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A little history...

I've decided to start a blog for our family - so here goes!!

Though many of you know Cary and I's "story" I thought I'd share the condensed version here...After all, you've got to start somewhere!

Cary and I met in January, 1997, through mutual friends, at NDSU in Fargo. By the end of January we were officially dating, and found we were perfectly matched.

We got engaged November 25th, 1999, in Duluth. We arrived in Duluth the Friday after Thanksgiving, and upon arriving in town Cary asked me if I wanted to grab a bite to eat down at the canal, at Grandma's restaurant. When we got to Grandma's Cary said he needed a warmer shirt and went to the trunk and dug around in his bag. I thought nothing of it, as it was a chilly night. We walked along by the water for a couple of minutes, then turned to head in to the restaurant. As I was passing a park bench Cary asked me to stop so he could "tie his shoe", as soon as I turned around I saw him on one knee with a little box in his hand. I started shaking, and heard the words I'd been waiting for..."Dawn, will you marry me?" I said, "YES!" and pulled him to his feet so I could kiss him and look at my awesome ring. We then headed into Grandma's, but I couldn't eat a thing! It was a wonderfully romantic night. We went back to Brady and Wendy's house and called our friends and family to tell them the news! A night I'll never forget!!

We were married at First Lutheran Church in Fargo, ND, on July 14th, 2001. It was an AWESOME day, absolutely perfect in every way. Our wedding was gorgeous, the Limo Coach we rented to drive the entire wedding party around after the wedding was a blast, and our dance couldn't have been any more fun. It's a day that Cary and I wish we could re-live!

After our wedding, we settled into life in Georgetown, MN. I worked as a Stock Broker for Edward Jones, and Cary was employed by Alloway Industries, both in Fargo. In January, 2002, I was disenchanted with my job, and after discussing things with Cary we decided it was a great time for us to plan a move. I took a job with Midwest Financial and in March, moved to Park Rapids, MN.

No comments: